Umbrella Insurance Coverage
What is Umbrella Insurance?
Text, What Is Umbrella Insurance?
An internet search.
Umbrella insurance, you might have heard of it, but what is it?
A graphic depicts a car in a frame.
Picture this. You're driving to work and you collide with another car.
A head-on crash. An ambulance and bandaged hand.
Unfortunately, all three passengers in the other car are injured.
a judge's gavel.
That can lead to pricey medical bills and possibly a judgment against you in court that your auto insurance limits might not fully cover.
Icons circle the figure of a woman.
That's one example of what umbrella insurance is for. It's an additional layer of protection for you in case you or a family member are responsible for property damage or personal injury to others.
The icons around the woman; a scale of justice, document, courthouse, car, home, gavel, car, boat, home, ring and currency.
So think about what you could lose without proper coverage. For more answers, go to mcxprofithub.com.
Logo, www travelers dot com. Text, The information in this video is general in nature. Any description of coverage is necessarily simplified. Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the provisions, exclusions, and limits of the actual policy. Nothing in this video alters the terms or conditions of any of our policies. You should read the policy for a complete description of coverage. Coverage options, limits discounts and deductibles are subject to state availability and to individuals meeting our underwriting criteria. Not all features available in all states. Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company and its property causality affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford CT. In CA: Umbrella Insurance is underwritten by mcxprofithub.commercial Insurance Company, Certificate of Authority #6519, State of Domicile: CT and The Standard Fire Insurance Company, Certificate of Authority # 3545, State of Domicile: CT. In In TX: Umbrella Insurance is underwritten by Travelers Lloyds of Texas Insurance Company, mcxprofithub.commercial Insurance Company, The Travelers Home and Marine Insurance Company. WA: Umbrella Insurance is underwritten by The Standard Fire Insurance Company, The Automobile Insurance Company of Hartford, Connecticut, The Travelers Indemnity Company of America, Travelers Home and Marine Insurance Company, mcxprofithub.commercial Insurance Company and Travelers Personal Insurance Company. All underwriting companies listed above are located at One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183.
What Does Umbrella Insurance Cover?
Whether it’s a serious car accident involving extensive medical bills or an incident on your property, you may quickly find yourself responsible for damages that exceed the limits of your auto, homeowners or boat policies. That’s when having an umbrella insurance policy can provide coverage that goes beyond the limits of your primary coverage.Travelers umbrella insurance can help provide coverage for:
- $1 million to $10 million of liability, which can help protect assets such as your home, car and boat.
- Claims like libel, slander, defamation of character and invasion of privacy.
- Legal defense costs like attorney fees and other charges associated with lawsuits.
- Liabilities that happen outside the United States.
What is Not Covered by An Umbrella Policy?Generally, damage to your own personal property is not covered under a personal umbrella policy. Other examples of coverage not included in a typical umbrella policy are:
- Business losses. Damage to your business property or losses related to the running of your business generally would not be covered by a personal umbrella policy. This exclusion applies even if your business is operated out of your home. Consider purchasing business insurance if you need this type of coverage.
- Intentional acts. A personal umbrella policy isn’t designed to protect you from liability connected with your own intentionally harmful behavior; for example, if you intentionally harm a visitor to your home.